Hybrid event means that the Congress will take place in Berlin onsite at the Radisson Blu Hotel Berlin AND broadcast at the same time as a virtual event (not just a webinar). Therefore, the number of participants is not limited, and onsite and online visitors can interact intensively, join panels and workshops, and have meetings.
A virtual event needs to be tailormade to the needs of an online visitor. If you are familiar with webinars, you may have noted that your attention span is 90 minutes at the most. Just as you do at an onsite event, you need to interact, take breaks, grab some information, enter a panel and maybe even change to another one that is running in parallel. That is exactly what the online part will deliver!
Imagine what you normally do at an onsite event:
- You visit panels, workshops and round tables according to your interests, and talk to panellists and other participants.
- You have meetings and one-on-one talks.
- You visit the marketplace and talk to the exhibitors.
- You enjoy the breaks with coffee and lunch.
- You intensify your networking while joining the social events and have a glass of wine or beer.
You will have all these opportunities in the virtual congress as well. We will deliver further information as soon as all details are planned and checked.
The virtual TSI Congress will be set up as a hybrid event with the possibility of being held completely online if necessary:
- Online moderation and broadcasting with live chat in order to be in permanent interaction with all participants.
- New virtual event setup – with live webcast/streaming, possibility to digitally integrate participants regardless of location AND provision ’on demand’ even after the event (for all participants).
- Adaptation of workshop and panel formats to digital feasibility – shorter, more interaction, variation of formats, speaker can join onsite or be patched in digitally.
- Highly visible and tangible implementation of content (ppt, films ...) and interaction possibilities (question/answer, polling) as an important element to involve the audience.
- Use of professional transmission technology.
- A social programme will be provided and certain items will be home delivered. Let us surprise you!
- Of course the event in Berlin will have a limited number of participants this year to ensure compliance with all hygiene requirements (total number, visitor per session etc.). Furthermore, there will be a maximum of four events in parallel to increase the number of visitors per session in total.
- As most of the workshops and panels will be streamed live or on demand, we will switch to further interactive panel formats with a lively exchange with the entire audience.
- Even the networking will remain, and it will merely be migrated into events requiring registration with limited participants and concept adaptation following the motto ’Networking AND Social Distancing – it works!’
- Fall-back option in case of local restrictions by public authorities (event size restrictions): attendance tickets can be exchanged for virtual participation tickets (ratio: 1:2).
Yes! Each ticket for the onsite event will be exchanged for 2 virtual tickets at a 1:2 exchange ratio, so you can add a colleague. Just get in touch with us by email at email@example.com
- Taking into account the maximum number of visitors, it is of course possible to upgrade your digital ticket to an onsite ticket.
- If you want to convert an onsite ticket into a digital ticket, this is generally also possible.
In both cases, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our congress venue will be signed in English. This way we can make sure that all international participants can find their way around without any problems. The different panels will be held in German (30%) or English (70%), the respective language can be found in the agenda. Simultaneous interpreting for the German events will not be provided.
Participation may be cancelled (in writing only) up to 14 days before the start of the event, after which half the participation fee will be charged. No-shows or cancellations on the day of the event will be liable for full participation fee. If the participant is unable to attend the event, TSI will accept a replacement participant at no additional cost.
Since there is both the possibility of participating onsite and the alternative of virtual participation, a carryover to the next year is not necessary and therefore not planned.
The congress will be accessible with every internet enabled device (including mobile devices). All you need is a current browser version - Internet Explorer is not supported, here you need an alternative. A device that can stream videos and has speakers will be sufficient. For interaction with other participants we also recommend a camera and microphone.
You can get in touch with every participant who has logged onto the event portal, whether onsite or online.
Whether online or onsite in Berlin, every participant has access to all digital content and functions at any time. This means that all participants have the same opportunity to network and connect.
There will also be a virtual marketplace where our participants can visit the various exhibitors, obtain information, or get in touch directly with a contact person.
Of course we are happy about every participant who follows our congress live online. This gives the online participant the opportunity to actively ask questions, so you are not only a spectator but a part of the event.
However, it is also possible to call up the individual panels and events on demand afterwards. Thus, parallel events can also be streamed afterwards.
The TSI Congress 2020 will run on the platform Eventmobi: eventmobi.com/tsi-congress20 The platform is currently still under construction. But be inspired by the surface and our four stages and take a look!
With the Radisson Blu in Berlin we have a professional partner for the implementation of our congress. The Hotel is partner of SGS, the leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company, recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity.The hygiene protocols worked out by the hotel will also be implemented at our event. Here you can find all information about them.